Thinking about low-pooing every once in a while...any suggestions?

LoveFriedaLoveFrieda Posts: 52Registered Users
I started the CG method on 2/16 (my hair characteristics are found in my sig.) I haven't been seeing major results so I am considering low-pooing. If I did I would use Giovanni TTT Shampoo.

Has anyone else low-pooed and recieved improved results? Any suggestions on how often I should low-poo? Is Giovanni TTT a good low-poo? All suggestions and comments are appreciated!
2b-2c ~~ Fine-Medium Hair ~~ High Porosity ~~ Normal Elasticity
CG AS OF 2/16/10
Now use low-poo....AWESOME RESULTS (switched 3/28/10)

Low-Poo: Giovanni TTT Shampoo
Rinse-Out: GVP Conditioning Balm
Stylers: LA Looks Sport Gel

Current methods: Icequeen Method, then plop for 30 minutes (diffuse if needed)

Comments

• NaturalistaNaturalista Posts: 5,491Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    LoveFrieda wrote: »
    I started the CG method on 2/16 (my hair characteristics are found in my sig.) I haven't been seeing major results so I am considering low-pooing. If I did I would use Giovanni TTT Shampoo.

Has anyone else low-pooed and recieved improved results? Any suggestions on how often I should low-poo? Is Giovanni TTT a good low-poo? All suggestions and comments are appreciated!

Using lowpoo isnt leaving the CG method as LM states (in the CG book) that sometimes use of poo may have to occur to relieve buildup (particularly) in wavies. The CG method is basically leaving sulfates and cones alone and committing yourself to healthier curls. Cowashes are the mainstay as moisture balance is the key to great curls, but its not shunning poo. LM is the founder of the Deva haircare line which is totally CG.. and one of her products is LowPoo. :)

I lowpoo once a week b/c I work out a bit and always like to start my week with a clean slate (prevents buildup and weigh down since my hair is thick and I have to use more product).
    Type: 3c with some 4a highlighted
    Low porosity thick/coarse texture. nml elasticity
    Routine: No rules, just happy hair

Cleanse: CJDF, Prell, LUSH Curly Wurly, Bobeam
    LI/RO:BBB, CJ, SheaM, HEHIS, Garnier, KBN Shealoe, CD Chocolat, Oyin HH
    Styling: CJ, CR, UFD, Zuresh, Ecostyler,MJ
    PT/DT: BBB, CJ, Lather, MJSSB

HUGE PJJJJJJJJ!!!!:love4:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]]
    Facebook|Twitter
  • LoveFriedaLoveFrieda Posts: 52Registered Users
    Thanks so much for replying!
    CG AS OF 2/16/10

• NaturalistaNaturalista Posts: 5,491Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    LoveFrieda wrote: »
    Thanks so much for replying!

No prob :D
    Type: 3c with some 4a highlighted
    Low porosity thick/coarse texture. nml elasticity
    Routine: No rules, just happy hair

Cleanse: CJDF, Prell, LUSH Curly Wurly, Bobeam
    LI/RO:BBB, CJ, SheaM, HEHIS, Garnier, KBN Shealoe, CD Chocolat, Oyin HH
    Styling: CJ, CR, UFD, Zuresh, Ecostyler,MJ
    PT/DT: BBB, CJ, Lather, MJSSB

HUGE PJJJJJJJJ!!!!:love4:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]]
    Facebook|Twitter
  • nana_banananana_banana Posts: 735Registered Users
    I've definitely found better results with low pooing rather than no pooing.
    Hair type: Mostly 3C, medium porosity to high porosity depending on the day, dense, fluffy, dry, tangly!

:afro:
  • LoveFriedaLoveFrieda Posts: 52Registered Users
    Ok thanks for the comment!
    CG AS OF 2/16/10

• emalie.martheemalie.marthe Posts: 10Registered Users
    Triple Treat is awesome! I'm a 3a/b, and when I started CG, I used only Deva Products, which worked well but have the tendency to build up. Soon my hair was matted and frizzy and gross, and my scalp was super itchy, and no amount of Co-washing (including [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/DevaCurl-No-Poo-p-53.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=devacurl-devacurl-nopoo]Deva No Poo[/buylink]) was helping me. Finally, I caved and bought TTTT at Whole Foods, and after one wash my hair was restored and looking great! I co-wash every couple of days and then once every week or two, whenever I feel co-washing can't remove build up. I've tried another, more moisturizing Giovanni shampoo (Smooth as Silk?) but it dried me out much more than TTTT. The only warning I can give is that the first day after using, your hair is gonna look a more little poofy/frizzy than normal. I follow with a deep conditioner and then usually put my hair in a bun for the day, so I don't have to deal with it. Hope this helps!
  • mbeckhhpmbeckhhp Posts: 154Registered Users Curl Novice
    I agree on theTTT, Ive tried a few other no-poos(kinky kurly come clean, the other gio- 50/50 shampoo, both were more drying?stripping, and less effective , than the TTT. Now I use less curl products, and stay away from any, I feel causes buildup, and get away with mainly cowashes, big plus: less breakage, color lasts muuuch longer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]3a/2a/spirals ultraF-i/ii,med/hi porosity,med/elasticity,colortreated/grey
    • Cowash[/C.J. daily fix,, Condish Peter Lamas volumizing(rice protein) mixed w CJ smoothing,orGiovanni 50/50,or Eulasense balanced moisture. Leaveins,KCKT,KomazaCalifia,GDLIStylers:FSG,*, KCCC&BRHG, CJ CIAB.mixed w Pattern Pusha.FOTE on dry. SOTC :1 drop meadowfoam oil.DT:biolageCB or curl rehab over megatek,CJ repair me.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file