I need a recipe to unclog drain?!

xLilQnBxxLilQnBx Posts: 12Registered Users
lol I know this particular board is 4 recipes for hair and body but......
my hair has dominated my drain
and I was curious, before I go buy these pricey chemicals to unclog my drains, if anyone has a recipe that will unclog my drain....something that can..disintegrate the hair that's clogging it....

thanx ahead of time.

Comments

• girlysoxfangirlysoxfan Posts: 155Registered Users
    1/2 cup baking soda, 1 C vinegar...let it set for 30 minutes, then pour 1 gallon of boiling water down after it. Works like a charm on my slow drain...hope it works for you!
    3b/med porosity
    LoPoo: Trader Joe's Tea Tree Oil Shampoo
    Rinse Out: Treseme Naturals
    Leave in: Trader Joes Nourishing condish

Current Favs: Naturelle - Biotera Curl Cream & Biotera Styling Glaze
  • coilynappcoilynapp Posts: 4,233Registered Users
    I've never tried anything homemade for this, but if it's hair that is down the drain, you can just open up your drain (just unscrew the stopper and pick up the gunk. It's gross (but it's all you though lol!), but it works and you don't need to do anything else. I use old tweezers to do this.

if indeed it is hair, bs and vinegar will not dissolve it, they will just dissolve the dead skin and other stuff that's stuck down there.
    th?id=H.4940802350254088&pid=1.7&w=183&h=144&c=7&rs=1
  • sunshowersunshower Posts: 229Registered Users
    i pour a spoonful or two of lye down the drain and it dissolves whatever's clogging it. i make soap so i always have lye around.
    --Tiffany--
    *Reformed PJ*
    3c/4a - coarse and super thick, APL when curly, somewhere around WL when stretched
    http://public.fotki.com/hokukoroku/ - i never update. shame on me :(

Last Relaxer - January 30, 1999
    BC - March 21, 2000

Currently using: AO HSR & GPB conditioners, Vatika Oil, SheaMoisture, homemade African Black Soap shampoo & hair lotion.
  • xLilQnBxxLilQnBx Posts: 12Registered Users
    Well i just did the vinegar/bakingsoda thing.
    Now i just have to let it sit for 30mins.
    hopefully that works.

if not, i'll try the lye..

and hopefully i don't have to go in there myself but i guess you're right; it is all me lol

thankss for the ideas!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file