Wow, my greasies are gone after 2 months CG!

Sleepy OwlSleepy Owl Registered Users Posts: 105
Before I first started CG (2 months ago) I had very greasy hair. When I started CG, I kept them away by scrubbing my scalp under the shower every day, and CO washing every 2-3 days, and pooing every week.

Today I CO washed my hair for the first time in a week. (I pooed a week ago.) I haven't been scrubbing my scalp under the shower like I used to either. Just rubbing a bit, but not too much. I haven't had greasy hair! Yesterday I didn't shower, and by the end of the day I was a tiny bit greasy, but before CG I would have been a grease monkey!

Now, if I can just get my hair to look as good as it did the first 6 weeks of CG. *sigh*
Laura
2bc f/ii highly porous hair
CG since Aug '06 ~ (mostly ;) )
Fotki updated 6-30-09

Comments

• LadyCurlyLocksLadyCurlyLocks Registered Users Posts: 341
    Yay!!! Glad you've figured out how to keep the greasies away from your hair. Keep us updated!!!
    3B Corkscrew... I'm back on the boards now! Just got The Big Chop on Monday, pics coming soon.
  • LadyCurlyLocksLadyCurlyLocks Registered Users Posts: 341
    Oops, dp
    3B Corkscrew... I'm back on the boards now! Just got The Big Chop on Monday, pics coming soon.
  • Sleepy OwlSleepy Owl Registered Users Posts: 105
    Thanks! I don't think it is that I have "figured it out" but that my scalp has gotten used to being treated better. It has normalized. :D
    When I first started CG, I couldn't get away with not scrubbing my scalp, or not CO washing every 2-3 days.
    Laura
    2bc f/ii highly porous hair
    CG since Aug '06 ~ (mostly ;) )
    Fotki updated 6-30-09
  • EilonwyEilonwy Registered Users Posts: 12,391 Curl Connoisseur
    Ooh, that's great! I can't get away with washing that infrequently. You're lucky!
  • medusahairmedusahair Registered Users Posts: 3,515
    My scalp adjusted really fast. I guess that means I should start moisturizing my face and see if I get the same results huh?

The only part that is a bit funky when I wake up is my bangs if they touch my forehead. And that's because of those omega complex pills. My scalp is doing wonderfully, no more grease pit in the morning
    2c/3a?
    Low porosity, medium texture.
    http://public.fotki.com/Medusahair/

If it smells good put it in your hair, if it tastes good spit it out!
  • spacedcowgirlspacedcowgirl Registered Users Posts: 111
    Awesome, Sleepy Owl! I have had a similar experience. My hair wasn't super-greasy pre-CG but it would definitely get greasy at the roots if I didn't poo at least every other day (really every day). It was like it was greasy and dry at the same time (overall flyaway and unmanageable, but greasy at the roots, if I didn't shampoo and blow-dry straight). Post-CG, I haven't had any problem whatsoever with greasies in a while. I love it!
    2b/2c/3a
    Back on CG (OK, I'm a little indecisive).
    pw: curls
    Currently using: Whole Foods 365 Herbal Mint Conditioner (co-wash), MOP Mixed Greens Conditioner, Paul Mitchell Lite Detangler, CK, ISO Bouncy Creme. Gave up on plopping due to tangles/"stickiness" and now I just comb through products and diffuse. It looks basically as good and dries a lot faster (I wasn't getting good clumps from plopping anyway). Still wish I were a lot curlier!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file