I need motivation!

JordaniaBabeJordaniaBabe Posts: 22Registered Users
So over the past seven(ish) months, I gained a LOT of weight. I started working at McDonald's, and my store applies the free employee meal policy, so I can eat pretty much anything on the entire menu that I want and it's free. Yay, right? Not so yay. Since I started working there, I've already gained 28 pounds. I went from 105 to 133, and I constantly feel sick to my stomach. I've already gotten on the track to eating healthier... When I went grocery shopping, I completely skipped the junk food aisle, and instead of eating fast food on my break today, I came home and had yogurt with fresh fruit and granola, and whole grain bread with peanut butter :D My problem isn't eating well; I've gotten very good at that, but working out kills me.

Any time I try to start working out, I go to the gym for two or three days straight, or I work out at home for a couple of weeks, but eventually I always end up missing a day. I convince myself that I'll start again the next day and just relax, but then I just stop working out completely. I don't really need to lose weight, but I need to tone up for sure. =/ I wanna feel great when I wear a bikini this year, not look at myself in the mirror and wonder where my hourglass figure went.

I plan on posting what I've eaten for the day and how much I've worked out on here every single day, sort of like a journal. I don't really expect anybody to read this, but I would love having some extra moral support!

Comments

• 2poodles2poodles Posts: 2,485Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Sounds like you're off to a good start! You've identified the problem - a combination of too-easy access to unhealthy foods and inconsistent exercise. And you're modifying your eating choices and establishing a workout routine. Now comes the hard part - following though day after day. It's very easy to be enthusiastic at the beginning and then just get bored or distracted - then before you know it, you're back where you started.

I found that planning what I'm going to eat ahead of time really allows me to stay in control of what I put in my mouth. And as for exercise, just get started. Tell yourself that after 10 minutes (or whatever works for you) you can stop if you need to. More than likely, you'll stick with it for your planned routine. It's also important to find a type of exercise that you actually enjoy. Forcing yourself to do something you hate - will probably backfire on you at some point.

And remember that when you slip up - which you will since you're human - go right back to your eating plan with the next meal or resume your exercise plan the next day.

Good luck!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]2Poodles :flower: Southeast PA
    fine, med porosity, normal elasticity
    Currently using the following 2 - 3 x/week:
    Living Proof Perfect Hair Day suphate-free Poo, cone-free CO and styling treatment, plus KCCC

• JordaniaBabeJordaniaBabe Posts: 22Registered Users
    2poodles: Thanks :D The hardest part is definitely going to be working out. I brought some fresh fruit and yogurt to work today and made a parfait there instead of eating the parfaits they supply, and then I ate a side salad with grilled chicken, lite balsamic dressing, and 1% milk. I can already tell the difference and feel better (stomach-wise). I need to find a really good workout plan that works for me... I kinda love the Hip-Hop Abs workout that my mom bought, and since she rarely uses the DVDs, I think I'll just "borrow" hers for a while!
  • JordaniaBabeJordaniaBabe Posts: 22Registered Users
    Well, my internet decided to fail. I just recently got it back up, so here's an update:

I've been eating very healthy recently... I've completely cut caffeine out of my diet and I've been packing my lunch to bring to work :D I already feel better! Next on the agenda is visiting my mom's house to get those darn DVDs!
  • Dwaeji-TokkiDwaeji-Tokki Posts: 172Registered Users
    I too am having motivation problems...

I find that dancing really gets me wanting to work-out.

I also have that Hip-Hop Abs DVD! I didn't like it too much though, but if that gets you motivated then try it out.

This thread has made me want to start working-out now :salut:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file