CurlTalk

Hair One vs. Wen Conditioning Cleansers

NaturalBeauty86NaturalBeauty86 Posts: 16Registered Users
So I'm at work and a client of mine comes up and starts to tell me about this new product WEN. I do some research and was reluctantly convinced to give it a try....its just so expensive. In my research I stumbled across HAIR ONE which is suppose to do the same thing as WEN and from what I have read they contain just about the same ingredients for half the price. Is there anyone who have tried these products? How do they compare?
Question Asked: Why is your hair so nappy?
My Response: Why is yours so stringy?

Some Truth for the Soul :angel8:
Don't get offended from the ignorance of people, it's the people who are ignorant that offend themselves
Failed to load the poll.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• wavyblondewavyblonde Posts: 1,637Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I've used both, and like both, but Wen has the advantage. It's richer and creamier, and has a bit more slip. Hair One is definitely a respectable alternative, though. I'm almost out of Wen right now, so I'll be using the Olive Oil Hair One until my Wen ships, and I know my hair will still look good.

I don't care for the Jojoba Hair One, though--it's not moisturizing enough for me (and I'd imagine most curly girls).
    2c/3a with 2b underlayer. Fine, porous. Loves protein. But not hydrolized wheat protein. Yuck.

Wash: WEN Sweet Almond Mint or Pomegranate
    Gels: LA Looks Sport Gel
    Mousse: Tigi Catwalk Curlesque
    Curling creams/gellies: Coffee Coco Curling Cream Lite, Spiral Solutions Curl Enhancing Jelly, Curls Gel-les'c
    SOTC: JC N&S (LOVE)
    http://public.fotki.com/wavyblonde/hair-2010/
  • ChAoTiCbLiSsChAoTiCbLiSs Posts: 127Registered Users
    It's basically cowashing. No need to buy Wen, just use a good conditioner and you're doing basically the same thing.
    3b/2b/3c mix
    ~no heat, sulfates, silicones, mineral oil or petrolatum~
    CURLS, My Honey Child , KCKT, Uncle Funky's Daughter Curly Magic, & Elasta QP Feels Like Silk
  • mzmillionmzmillion Posts: 874Registered Users
    I hate the most horrid experience with Hair One, you read my results here: http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showthread.php?t=98787
    4a/b hair that fro's more than curls!
    Co-Wash: Tressemme', HE, Avon
    Leave In: SM Shea Butter Conditioner. SMCH Smoothie
    Deep Treat: Avon AT Masks, Henna, Amla, Avanti
    Stylers: Aloe Vera Butter, Eco Styler on dry hair, SM products
    My Fotki - 1/22
    My Twitter
    My Youtube

• NaturalBeauty86NaturalBeauty86 Posts: 16Registered Users
    thank you ladies for your input...chaoticbliss and mzmillion you were both right i did not like hair one at all...i even gave it another try and the only time it felt good was when i added my conditioner to it...but my boyfriend loves it...it could be because he has 3c/3b hair...im sticking to my conditioner :hello1:

Don't get offended from the ignorance of people, it's the people who are ignorant that offend themselves
  • adthomasadthomas Posts: 5,525Registered Users
    I haven't tried Wen but I did use Hair One for Dry Hair with olive oil. It's a good detangler and I used it as a leave in. However, I've moved on.
    Yes, it's real. No, you can't touch it. :wav:
  • NaturalBeauty86NaturalBeauty86 Posts: 16Registered Users
    try herbal essence hello hydration conditioner...i love it

• Jovigurl1Jovigurl1 Posts: 1Registered Users
    I have been a wen girl for 3+ years and cannot say enough about the products. While I love what wen does for my hair, I have been on the lookout for less expensive alternatives. I have tried many of the other self proclaimed sulfate free products and have always been disappointed. I have yet to find anything that works as well as wen. I've been looking online at the different reviews and comparisons between wen and hair one today, and so far I cannot decide whether or not I want to give hair one a try. While it does cost more, I guess I'll probably stick with the wen. Because of wen, the days of hating my hair are over.
  • EndlessKhuEndlessKhu Posts: 9Registered Users
    Thanks for this wavyblonde. A co-worker recommended Wen to me and I was wondering if it was worth the try. I am still a bit hesitant but that's because of the huge price tag. :)
    wavyblonde wrote: »
    I've used both, and like both, but Wen has the advantage. It's richer and creamier, and has a bit more slip. Hair One is definitely a respectable alternative, though. I'm almost out of Wen right now, so I'll be using the Olive Oil Hair One until my Wen ships, and I know my hair will still look good.

I don't care for the Jojoba Hair One, though--it's not moisturizing enough for me (and I'd imagine most curly girls).
    Long black 3B hair.
    Using DevaCurl products.