Am I doing something wrong?

LoveFriedaLoveFrieda Registered Users Posts: 52
I have been following the CG method for 4 weeks exactly, and nothing bad has really come of it. However, I haven't been seeing the results I was hoping for.

I have seen a lot of pictures of other curlies who have shiny, tightly wound curls with none or little frizz. Now I know that everyone has different hair. But my curls always seem to droop throughout the day and they are still pretty dull and frizzy.

Here is my routine:
-Use VO5 Kiwi Lime Squeeze as a Co-wash and rinse it out after scrubbing vigourisly with my finger-pads (I cowash probably every other day)
-Use Giovanni TTT as a rinse-out. I rake it in and wait 3 minutes, and then rinse it out.
-get out of the shower, squeeze out water with my hands
-Rake and then scrunch in [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/AG-Recoil-p-24.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=ag-hair-cosmetics-recoil-curl-activator]AG Re:coil[/buylink]
-Scrunch in HETT gel
-Plop for about 30 minutes
-let dry for 15 minutes and then diffuse until 80% dry (I try to air dry whenever possible)

Is there anything that I am doing wrong or that I need to try? Please let me know! Suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
2b-2c ~~ Fine-Medium Hair ~~ High Porosity ~~ Normal Elasticity
CG AS OF 2/16/10
Now use low-poo....AWESOME RESULTS (switched 3/28/10)

Low-Poo: Giovanni TTT Shampoo
Rinse-Out: GVP Conditioning Balm
Stylers: LA Looks Sport Gel

Current methods: Icequeen Method, then plop for 30 minutes (diffuse if needed)

Comments

• 85MR285MR2 Registered Users Posts: 226
    More info on your hair type and/or pics would help a lot!

Off the top of my head I would try cutting out the HETT gel. It has one water soluble cone that your hair might not like. Also, are you scrubbing good when you cowash? I clarifyed the other day by adding a little lemon juice to my cowash and it worked great! Oh, and try scrunching out the water with a t-shirt instead of plopping. Maybe its not for you. I rake through my products upside down while soaking wet, comb them through with a fine toothed comb, then scrunch out extra water with a t-shirt. Then I flip upright. At this point I use the t-shirt to scrunch and press curls into place, and alternate between difussing and airdrying. Also check out the thread on pixiecurl difussing if you haven't already. It makes all the difference in getting my curls springy. I'm just throwing random things out at you though. More info would help me be more specific. Good luck!
    CG since 2/23/10!

2B 3A mix, fine texture and high porosity at crown/bangs, normal elsewhere. I like protein!

Trying to grow out a short haircut.

WASH: Jessicurl Cleansing Cream (once every week or so)
    CONDITION: Jessicurl Too Shea! or Aloeba Conditioner
    STYLE: Jessicurl Gelebration Spray/Awe Inspiraling Spray

http://public.fotki.com/85MR2/ (PICS OF CG TRANSITION SO FAR) Need to update. No pics with the Jessicurl products yet, but I LOVE them!
  • cakj99cakj99 Registered Users Posts: 575
    Posting some pics of your hair might help other members see what you're working with. Curl type isn't always as important as coarseness, density, and for some, porosity. The products you're using may not be as suitable for your hair type as others would be. Check out the 2 board (or, if you think you have ringlets rather than waves, the 3 board) and look at pics and signatures to see if perhaps you are using products that may not be best for your hair. There is a lot of trial and error involved.

HTH. :geek:
  • 85MR285MR2 Registered Users Posts: 226
    Also, I though my hair was too fine and not curly enough to handle a leave in conditioner, but I was soooooo wrong. I use a very little bit of my cowash as a leave in just on the ends of my hair. I tried using my rinseout, but it was too heavy.
    CG since 2/23/10!

2B 3A mix, fine texture and high porosity at crown/bangs, normal elsewhere. I like protein!

Trying to grow out a short haircut.

WASH: Jessicurl Cleansing Cream (once every week or so)
    CONDITION: Jessicurl Too Shea! or Aloeba Conditioner
    STYLE: Jessicurl Gelebration Spray/Awe Inspiraling Spray

http://public.fotki.com/85MR2/ (PICS OF CG TRANSITION SO FAR) Need to update. No pics with the Jessicurl products yet, but I LOVE them!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file